Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming change to ability 'Curse of Ancients'
Description of the ability: Attack a chain of enemies with dark damage and debuff Magic and Attack for 1 round.

The debuff to Magic and Attack is at present between -1500 to -2250. This debuff will be upgraded substancially. It is expected to happen witnin a month. The change will be posted here when it is in effect.
Can we nerf Burning Chant while we’re at it? Add a mana cost, don’t allow stacking, (ie only use the highest damage chant), decrease the damage, just something. The ability is the only thing that matters in Arena.
(07-30-2019, 06:42 PM)Hesitate Wrote: Can we nerf Burning Chant while we’re at it? Add a mana cost, don’t allow stacking, (ie only use the highest damage chant), decrease the damage, just something. The ability is the only thing that matters in Arena.

The devs are looking into this at the same time.
Burning chant is not a problem in arena. As long as we are playing against ai opponents and not the players themselves then I believe it is fine. Burning chant is just used by a lot of people because it is one of the fastest ways to move up in the arena standings. If anything we need other buffs in other abilities to mix it up a bit and keep things interesting in arena if it’s that important to people. However debuffing burning chant is not a great idea more so for competing in raids since it’s one of the more important abilities to use to help successfully defeat a dragon.
Do we know the expected stats and if it will last longer than 1 round or are they still coming up with the numbers?
(07-30-2019, 06:42 PM)Hesitate Wrote: Can we nerf Burning Chant while we’re at it? Add a mana cost, don’t allow stacking, (ie only use the highest damage chant), decrease the damage, just something. The ability is the only thing that matters in Arena.
It's about upcoming change to ability curse of ancients and not burning chant.
Buffed curse of the ancients will be great for any abyss or dark themed heroes   Smile

I’d like to see an ICE type version of burning chant, inferno etc. which does frost damage over time and lowers enemy physical attack. There are already ice abilities which just hit the enemy once, adding a DoT effect, maybe half as powerful as fire, but lasting twice as long (lore friendly, makes sense), would allow the other main wizard attack type (ice) to rival fire damage instead of being eclipsed by it.
I’m bringing this up because it still bugs me that Queen of ‘frost’ has no ice abilities whatsoever, or ice basic attack even. Burning chant seems to have been misused here.

As it goes, fire damage should be a ‘savage burn’, frost damage should be a ‘slow burn’, if that makes sense.