General Bounty Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Bounty Feedback

There are a few things about Bounty which make it frustrating.

Timer problems:
    First off, the timer continues to run once a battle has been initiated, while the toon does it's battle raise sword animation, costing precious seconds if you actually try to fight things in the map, rather than just run around and collect chests. The timer should stop when the animation starts to encourage players to do battle in maps.

Secondly, the timer starts immediately upon return to the map, and again, unlike with collecting chests, you can't click the map to be moving where you need to realistically. With chests, you can effectively double click the location you want to head next as long as it isn't under the animation to immediately head there once the loot animation hides. Point is that when you return to the map from a battle you have to waste time orienting yourself and finding the next destination in a way that can discourage actually battling if you are still trying to collect most chests in a map. A simple solution would be to have the timer paused until a movement click is made when returning from battle.

Pathfinding:
    Pathfinding is horrendous. Invariably it takes you into a mob you are trying to avoid, or misses the chest/timer you are trying to click, or send you on a time consuming walkabout. One hugely easy way to fix the pathfinding: Once your algorithm has generated a path, run it through another algorithm that short cuts any blocks that pass by a previously passed block. Meaning, as I watch my HB wander around for 10 seconds, passing over the same and adjacent diamond-shaped blocks, pathfinding should know that the path crosses itself, and simply cut out the portion in between the crossings.

Delay in click target recognition when moving:
    When you are tucking along trying to grab things in the short amount of time allotted, you sometimes need to make a course correction when something comes in view. However, clicking things when moving seems to have a delay where you click just past your actual target, wasting valuable time standing next to the target you want.

Others have mentioned it better before, but some maps are way too cluttered and it is difficult to know if a block is clickable or not to pass thru.

Moving Down:
    Moving down the map is difficult to do and to see because of the size and placement of the hero portraits and healthbars. Something smaller or hideable, or maybe the were transparent (both visually and to clicks) with a [i] icon if you really needed to open them. Maybe others have better ideas.

Last edited by slaingod; 08-14-2015, 01:33 AM.

Agreed on all points.

Older versions of bounty events I could never figure out how players managed to kill every single trash mob in each map due to the inherent loss of time after every loading screen. Zoom on Facebook made that much easier.

I'd love to see the spaces on the map that the commander can walk on have a slightly green tint to them and/or the obstacles spaces slightly red. I think that'd help alleviate a lot of the cluttered map problems.
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

HonorBound
    - UnSel Guild - Retired - Wiki
    StormBorn - UnSel Alliance - StormBorn Blog

Comment

Also agree.

A pause botton, please.
      Timer doesn't start until your character starts moving, please.
      Remove clutter.
      Fix pathfinding (Could a touch screen joystick be an option in the future?)
      Side point, stack keys up till a small amount (2 or 3, just to get threw a work day, or a nights sleep).

Bounty events have been the longest running event in honorbound. Horde tower disappeared, and tog, ember mines when m.i.a. for a long time. Suggestions have been thrown out about this type of event for over a year, nothing has been changed. Why have an offical suggestion, and feedback thread at all?

Comment

Originally posted by D.S. View Post
        Suggestions have been thrown out about this type of event for over a year, nothing has been changed.
        I'm afraid that is false information. This event type undergoes changes almost every iteration. Just because they aren't drastic changes every time doesn't mean that it isn't changing. Chests being multiplied by score multipliers is the main one that comes to mind.

I wholeheartedly agree that keys should be cumulative until a certain amount. Perhaps a new research is needed for insanely expensive resources to be able to stack keys:

For example: Bounty Key Research
        Rank 1 = 2,500,000 gold for +1 max keys
        Rank 2 = 5,000,000 gold for +1 max keys
        Rank 3 = 7,500,000 gold for +1 max keys
        Rank 4 = 1,000 diamonds for +1 max keys

This way appropriately motivated players can bank up to 5 keys while sleeping, working, driving, etc. It'd also be a potential revenue stream as the most competitive players would want every rank.

HonorBound

Comment

Originally posted by dalvian View Post

I'm afraid that is false information. This event type undergoes changes almost every iteration. Just because they aren't drastic changes every time doesn't mean that it isn't changing. Chests being multiplied by score multipliers is the main one that comes to mind.
          I see that as an overall event improvement, not limited to just bounty events. they have implimenting this in all event. (This is the 1st ones it seems to be working properly though)

I mean something to improve the bounty event based off the feedback and suggestion we continue to voice.

Its been over a year, a few little changes should add up to have a noticeable change from its original debute. Still seem to have clock issues, and navigation issues.

If you throw new maps at me from its original debute, then you are missing my point entirely...
          Last edited by D.S.; 08-13-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D.S. View Post

I see that as an overall event improvement, not limited to just bounty events. they have implimenting this in all event. (This is the 1st ones it seems to be working properly though)

I mean something to improve the bounty event based off the feedback and suggestion we continue to voice.
            Best of luck arguing semantics if you have not figured out how events in this game work. When a change is made to "all of the event types" that means a JB employee went in and changed the code for each event template. This was a direct result of feedback from players and can easily be seen as a +10-20% boost to scores. I'm reluctant to predict that thousands of players would have hit the max threshold in this event had chests not been multiplied.

I do see what you are trying to get at, but you may need to adjust your approach. When a feasible change to an event that meets the needs of the business surfaces, it tends to get adopted immediately.

HonorBound

Comment

I dont play the solo events to be in top 10. Results, either the threshold be high, or low is not my concern. I just like to enjoy the game play and pass the time while i am at work.
              Current bounty event as it is, is unenjoyable, my opinion. Although i like the concept, and a few small changes could make this an enjoyable event for me.

Sorry i edited my original post, as u posted ur last, did not mean to back track you.

I have no approach, i voiced my opionion on these events in multiple threads thoughout the year, stopped wasting my time. But when i see others trying to push for a change also, i will get behind them in support.

Comment

D.S., I agree, many of these types of user interface, gameplay-enhancing types of changes (improvements to bounty character control, saved squads, gear un-equip, etc.) seem to be very very very very low priority for JB. But these little 50x/day "paper cuts" can really detract from the gameplay experience. True, it may or may not lead to instant revenue (although we go out of our way to give ideas that do, like your 5th key for 1,000 diamonds), but it will keep more people getting hooked on or continuing to play the game instead of leaving in annoyance or frustration.
                Friend Code: U9A-526X • Guild: FYCapture
                Current Favorite Hero: The Kraken
                Least-Favorite Hero: Scarlet Grinner 4* (So I finally have this guy. Now what?)

Comment

The last event was a dumpster fire. This one in comparison is fantastic. This game is like a crazy girlfriend you want to break up with, but then she does something really amazing and you end up hooking up with her again...

Comment

Originally posted by dalvian View Post

I wholeheartedly agree that keys should be cumulative until a certain amount. Perhaps a new research is needed for insanely expensive resources to be able to stack keys:

For example: Bounty Key Research
                    Rank 1 = 2,500,000 gold for +1 max keys
                    Rank 2 = 5,000,000 gold for +1 max keys
                    Rank 3 = 7,500,000 gold for +1 max keys
                    Rank 4 = 1,000 diamonds for +1 max keys

This way appropriately motivated players can bank up to 5 keys while sleeping, working, driving, etc. It'd also be a potential revenue stream as the most competitive players would want every rank.
                    Awesome idea Dalvian!

Comment

So I think that bounty keys is one of those 'affects revenue' things and is less likely to be changed dramatically. I have mentioned in the past I would love to see the free timer continue to run in the background for just the free key even if you have purchased/reward threshold keys banked, but I am doubtful any changes will be made to this mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by slaingod View Post
                        So I think that bounty keys is one of those 'affects revenue' things and is less likely to be changed dramatically. I have mentioned in the past I would love to see the free timer continue to run in the background for just the free key even if you have purchased/reward threshold keys banked, but I am doubtful any changes will be made to this mechanic.
                        We've been encouraged by JuiceBox to keep the feedback coming and even how to go about bringing change into the game. Sometimes it takes a lot of players backing an idea. But at this stage, I think we can still encourage tweaks to the game, but have to remain realistic about picking our battles as far as timing and which idea to back. It would be excellent if most of our ideas made it into the game in one way or another, but realistically we'll only see the occasional change to existing event templates.

I agree that it will be a slight shock to see feedback implemented, but we should still bring up the topic of keys every Bounty to ensure they know we won't forget about it.

HonorBound

Comment

Wouldn't it be interesting if some of these suggestions were already completed and going to be included in the next client release?

Hmm...

Have a great weekend, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                            Wouldn't it be interesting if some of these suggestions were already completed and going to be included in the next client release?

Hmm...

Have a great weekend, folks.
                            Just for this particular one, can we request a client patch notes thread when it goes live with what is changed? It helps immensely if we encounter any unexpected problems, but if it's mainly security related safely ignore this.

Cheers and have a great weekend too!

HonorBound

Comment

Oh heck yeah it would!!!
                              Original leader of The Royal Stags
                              past member of Endless Knights (EK)
                              past member of Adult $in (A$)
                              Member of "The Alliance"
                              Played HB since it first came out...and every day since : )
                              Friend Code 4LH-J4F7

Comment

Working...
                              X