Resistances & Resistance Gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistances & Resistance Gear

Do u want khg to focus more on resistance gear and on releasing heroes with better resistances and with different variations in resistances. This will add a whole new level of strategy, tactic and fun factor to the game. It wouldnt only be about stats and skills anymore, and u'd have to think wisely also about the third dimension: Hero's Resistances. Please, help out in this cause by voting. I'm hoping to rally 150 votes. Let's do it guys!
    Yes, we definitely need these!
    86.96%
    No, keep things the way they are
    0%
    No, let khg focus on other elements of the game
    13.04%

I am (so far) the lone "no" vote. While I appreciate your desire for improvements I don't think this is the path KHG needs to go down. We need things that will actually improve the game for everyone. If you are going to be honest here you already know that resistances don't mean a thing in the game currently, I don't have an all powerful team but I can pick the team on the right in my arena match ups and beat them without breaking a sweat. Until they improve the AI for arena battles nothing is going to make that better. Where else are resistances relevant? Dragons? Not really, unless the gear was +10,000 or more nobody is going to use it instead of the current dragon gear and with the gear they have given out lately we can safely assume the have no clue what kind of stats are necessary for gear to be useful. +1000 resistance to fire on a necklace, yep that's never getting equipped.

I would like them to put some effort into changing the events. This is obviously where their money is coming from so logic should dictate that you make improvements there first. How about having a new idea as far as event type goes? They are trying that with dragons but lets be honest, all that is going to be is now we have a blue dragon that is identical to the green and red ones. Nothing really new. Make some new maps. I can run all the bounty ones blindfolded as I'm sure most anyone that has played for more than 6 months can do as well. Assault, Bounty, Portal....Assault, Bounty, Portal....Assault, Bounty, Portal. It's the same thing over and over and over again. Come up with some actual NEW content, not just reskinned or renamed heros with outrageous stats. Expand the story-line, make it repeatable but at harder levels, just something new.
    Friend Code : LWR-AWS9
    Favorite Hero : Infernius, as the Mad King once said, "Burn them all"
    Former Member of Heart of Oak (never forget your first), UnSel (Dalvian is a legend), Relentless (brief but fun).
    Current Member of Wherever the Hell I Feel Like at the Time

Comment

Btw, Cecil, at +10,000 resistance to an attack type, that attack type becomes resisted. This was tested 2 yrs ago when JB released the phoenix beetle which had 5,000 fire resistance. Back then there was gear which granted +5,000 fire resistance. People who equipped that gear piece on their phoenix beetle made that hero immune to all fire-based attacks. So yea, i think resistance gear would help greatly in arena and maps. If u r fighting in arena and couple ur level 4 terra ward with gear on ur heroes that give lets say +2,000 fire resistance, then u would be resisting 70% of all fire-based attacks instead of just 50% that is provided by the level 4 ward.

Comment

But that doesn't matter Jafmus, I can just use Steal Spirit and heal forever while I take down any team. All 70% resistance means is that it takes me a round or two more to do it. AI is stupid, spams the least effective skills and basically beats itself in the arena. Resistance gear would make the game slightly different for a few select people who actually pay attention to it, hell I bet most people don't even know where the resistance table is on the hero card. New event types or story mode changes would benefit everyone. I just don't see this as a good thing for them to spend their limited available effort on.
        Former Member of Heart of Oak (never forget your first), UnSel (Dalvian is a legend), Relentless (brief but fun).

Comment

Well said Cecil. Jaf, as much as I love your endless ideas (I genuinely think you put more thought into this game than anyone else on the planet), making resistance stuff a priority makes about as much sense as modern art.

Rampage, Rune packs, Maps, Events, all need developer attention much sooner, and people will actually care.

P.S. Props to creating 16 accounts on the forum just to vote in the poll!

Comment

I, for one, think this is a fantastic idea. This would add a whole new element to the game that is really necessary. Don't get me wrong--I LOVE Honorbound. But I do feel like it needs some new content, and while the raid improvements was a great step in the right direction, I still feel like they could do more.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson|Veknor| View Post
              I, for one, think this is a fantastic idea. This would add a whole new element to the game that is really necessary. Don't get me wrong--I LOVE Honorbound. But I do feel like it needs some new content, and while the raid improvements was a great step in the right direction, I still feel like they could do more.
              What element would this add? Resistances have always been there but because of the lack of development in the game they are a non-factor. I'm really not trying to be down on this game, I love playing it, but saying that resistance gear would make it better is about the same as saying we need more Mega Battle Tokens. Story mode is easy, resistance gear isn't needed there. Arena can be beat with your eyes closed, resistance gear isn't needed there. Dragons have specific gear already, resistance gear wouldn't be used there. Events are usually auto-battle and repeat, no resistance gear needed there either.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. But please tell me an actual place in this game currently where resistance gear would be needed or used by more than 1% of the players and I believe they only want it because they are bored and want to screw around.

Develop new maps and event formats, things this game actual needs.

Comment

Working...
              X