X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soliciting Feedback - Secondary Events

Hey Folks,

We've moved away from our ad hoc/curated secondary events scheduling towards a more programmed schedule. This is for several reasons
    • To make sure players in all time zones are getting access to valuable secondary events
    • To make sure there's always something on in game
    • Because we kept forgetting to reschedule another set of secondary events - whoops!

Currently the way this is structured is
    • Mini events are run for 3 hours at a time
    • Cooldown between mini events last for between 1 and 3 hours (most with a 2 hour cooldown)
    • Mini events are striped so players in all timezones can see atleast once instance of each secondary event type each week

Right now we are working on rebalancing and tuning the mini PVP tournaments to fit in the new time schedule, so there are gapes in the schedule that will be filled by those.

We've gotten a little bit of feedback so far that 3 hours might be too short of a block for some events - so wanted to put together a thread to solicit some more feedback from folks on the new structure

Cheers!

- McG

Are the "mini PVP tournaments" also known as Rite of Valors? I'm hoping that we get more and more Rite of Valors.

Comment

Originally posted by Verdeiwsp View Post
      Are the "mini PVP tournaments" also known as Rite of Valors? I'm hoping that we get more and more Rite of Valors.
      Yup! the intent is to have atleast 1 per day

Comment

How will this affect the distribution of Gyre Emblems? If Rite of Valor becomes this common?

Comment

How will this affect the distribution of Gyre Emblems? If Rite of Valor becomes this common?
          mythic commander are common already
          Signature can not be related to politics and drugs.

Comment

It only takes 5 Gyre Emblems to obtain Gyre. That means in 5 days, players can easily get Gyre. What is the point of doing Rite of Valor then? That is why I'm asking.

Comment

It only takes 5 Gyre Emblems to obtain Gyre. That means in 5 days, players can easily get Gyre. What is the point of doing Rite of Valor then? That is why I'm asking.

The Prizes you get from the event, Gyre can go to hell, at the end every one will get him. plus, the guild pvp score will increase.
              Name: EvanX
              Guild: The Dragonborn
              Level: 115
              Code: QK7-QRRA (Only Daily Active Players)

Comment

3 hours is a little too short. might not start until there is an hour left and then can't complete. Recommend shortening the length of the ember barron levels, WAY TOO LONG. maybe shorten TOG. then 3 hours increments would be good.

Comment

I can't see why this was changed, having TotG or Heist drop at a time within your timezone that you can't play for is pretty frustrating, especially during an event when you really need the resources. Having TotG or Heist on for a 24 hour window covers all timezones too. I can't see why that wasn't better than the current system. Maybe I am missing something from a technical perspective?
                  IGN: Natureswrath
                  Friend Code: QQS - 47JF
                  Guild: Harbingers of Death!

Comment

Re the gyre emblems: I play daily and have NO gyre emblems. Interesting.
                    Playing since the game started (more or less)... and way too much
                    Officer - Unnatural Selection

68H-Q314

Comment

Mini Events rotation

Treasure Hunt : New mini event using free roam maps- Several pieces of the keys are scattered across the map(you can toss them in chest), you have to find them, and then find the Giant chest to open it. (clocks ticking!) - Prizes can include, elite runes, essence refills, Energy/Arena refill, etc

Catch me if you can : New mini event featuring a new legend, this unit will replace one of the existing bosses on the map for a short duration, When you go to the world map he will appear and give you a hint as to where he is. For eg : "Winter is coming! And I have your Princess!" < this would mean he has replaced Freydis in the winter kingdom! Players rush to try and capture him before the clock runs out! He is in one star version, and has stats that is viable amongst the top champs, to make it challenging you can have him move around after every encounter.

mmm that's all I can think of right now that wouldn't require a ton of development.

As far as old mini events.

Heist/Trials - 3 hours feel too short, maybe 4-6 hours

New or Hallowed Rampage (cause no one wants withered)

Valor Hall - This one is simple, maps like the first Rites of Valor event, with pvp players along the way and then boss at the end <<This was one of my fav events the new style is much lamer.

Harbingers of Death! : The rebirth will soon be at hand.
                      ~Legendary Artists, and Death is our Canvas!~

Comment

How about a smaller Relay Guild Event, where 3-5 players are randomly selected to participate in a Guild competition for 3-4 hours (or 24 hours if you want to elongate it).
                        Rewards are given at the end of each leg of the relay.
                        Then another 3-5 players go the next few hours (or next day if elongated).
                        Rewards.
                        Go 4 legs (20 hours or 4 days). Not everyone gets to participate unfortunately in the first 4 legs... but when the event is re-run in another week to 10 days, another set of Guild members get to run the relay (no one runs twice until all members have run at least once).

Prov 27:17
                        Friend Code: Q96-K7FL
                        Guild: TAO
                        'men reject passivity, accept responsibility, lead courageously and invest eternally.'

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLeader View Post
                          3 hours is a little too short. might not start until there is an hour left and then can't complete. Recommend shortening the length of the ember barron levels, WAY TOO LONG. maybe shorten TOG. then 3 hours increments would be good.
                          I thought 3 hours was long enough but ran into the exact issue you describe with both ToG and Ember Heist. Started late, did not get to the exit before the event shut down, energy wasted and no payoff
                          Friend Code: U7Q-25HX • Guild: Bound by Honor

Comment

I agree, Ember Heist and ToG III are very long maps, 3 hours is not enough time to complete them. Not really worth burning a bunch of energy packs either. So I end up skipping them entirely. Still a fan of Rampage! But I'd recommend going back to having each event run for 24 hours, then everyone in every time zone can have a chance, and the maps can actually be completed.
                            Friend Code: U9A-526X • Guild: FYCapture
                            Current Favorite Hero: The Kraken
                            Least-Favorite Hero: Scarlet Grinner 4* (So I finally have this guy. Now what?)

Comment

There is no way to finish tog or ember mine in 3 hours without a energy refill. I vote for a longer duration like 5 or 6 hours. Or more simply 24 hours for each of these mini events for players to better manage their time
                              Last edited by Georlgereco; 02-03-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X