Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a twelve hour Ember or ToG with a four hour Rampage or PvP event in between? One hour break in between each event, randomize them around a bit so it's not always the same order, and you'll have them rotating around at different times for different times zones so everyone can participate in any event throughout the week.

If you want a bit faster "rotation" through the time zones you could go ten hours on Ember and ToG, three hours on Rampage and PvP, and one hour in between each.

There are lots of combinations you could use for longer Ember and ToG that would keep events rotating to various parts of the day. I can understand why the shorter times work better for Rampage since those are good to have frequently for collection purposes. But a schedule could be built to throw several Rampages together in a block at some point to break up the longer Ember and ToG blocks.

As another thought, have you considered making ToG and Ember energy free like the Mines and Rampage are? Then the length wouldn't matter, but it would be a trade off during events whether to spend your time on the main event or on flash event. The trade off for this would probably involve lowering the xp gained like in the mines (quite the trade off for ToG which is used for helping level heroes) and lowering the end payout (a bit, but not too much). You could also have the chests in Ember and ToG drop strongboxes or tomes (as an option, not guaranteed) that can be researched for the corresponding map resources. Again, needing to trade time (and a research spot) for the loot. (I'm aware chests in ToG can give you gold now.)

One last item, it's very nice having a high level coin scavenger when running ToG. It's a bit disappointing not getting a bonus like that for Ember. Especially with ember being a much harder-to-come-by commodity than gold and usually more in demand than gold. Have you considered having the coin scavenger bonus apply to Ember, too? I know that seems odd and a bit counter-intuitive. But why wouldn't our heroes be taking the scavenger skills they've learned and use them to find extra ember if they're in a mine where gold isn't plentiful?

Comment

I generally agree with TahoWF and the consensus for longer events. One note: when Rampage is run longer, you get a key every 3 hours, so they don't need to do anything special there if they run it for 12 or 24 hours because people can run it multiple times throughout the day (or pay diamonds for quicker runs).
      Friend Code: U9A-526X • Guild: FYCapture
      Current Favorite Hero: The Kraken
      Least-Favorite Hero: Scarlet Grinner 4* (So I finally have this guy. Now what?)

Comment

[QUOTE=TahoWF;n77969

As another thought, have you considered making ToG and Ember energy free like the Mines and Rampage are? Then the length wouldn't matter, but it would be a trade off during events whether to spend your time on the main event or on flash event. The trade off for this would probably involve lowering the xp gained like in the mines (quite the trade off for ToG which is used for helping level heroes) and lowering the end payout (a bit, but not too much). You could also have the chests in Ember and ToG drop strongboxes or tomes (as an option, not guaranteed) that can be researched for the corresponding map resources. Again, needing to trade time (and a research spot) for the loot. (I'm aware chests in ToG can give you gold now.)

[/QUOTE]

Energy free is an excellent suggestion. I vote yea!
        True Honor Guild

Comment

I've stopped running Trials and Embers because the payout isn't big enough for the time investment. I also often don't have the time to finish a single run in under 3 hours unless I'm 100% focused on the game.
          Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

HonorBound
          - UnSel Guild - Retired - Wiki
          StormBorn - UnSel Alliance - StormBorn Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TahoWF View Post
            How about a twelve hour Ember or ToG with a four hour Rampage or PvP event in between? One hour break in between each event, randomize them around a bit so it's not always the same order, and you'll have them rotating around at different times for different times zones so everyone can participate in any event throughout the week.

If you want a bit faster "rotation" through the time zones you could go ten hours on Ember and ToG, three hours on Rampage and PvP, and one hour in between each.
            I vote yes for this. I've given up on Ember Heist IV but III still seems doable in the time allowed. Rather have more time (or a shorter map) on IV
            Friend Code: U7Q-25HX • Guild: Bound by Honor

Comment

how about making ember heist give embers after each fight instead of gold, at least if you can't finish it you still make some embers. That is the point of running it.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLeader View Post
                how about making ember heist give embers after each fight instead of gold, at least if you can't finish it you still make some embers. That is the point of running it.
                Hell yes! Sounds great.
                Friend Code: 7J5-6KAA
                Line ID: cottontheclown
                Gold Shield of: Bound For Glory
                (previously known as FYCapture and Bound By Honor)

Comment

I like the idea of these mini events is there an eta? While the dragons could be considered mini events, but I hope they require normal energy as opposed to those red potions...

Comment

Originally posted by McGuirk View Post

Right now we are working on rebalancing and tuning the mini PVP tournaments to fit in the new time schedule, so there are gapes in the schedule that will be filled by those.

We've gotten a little bit of feedback so far that 3 hours might be too short of a block for some events - so wanted to put together a thread to solicit some more feedback from folks on the new structure

Cheers!

- McG
                    Can I ask if you're still working on the mini PVP tournaments? It's been so long since we've had any
                    Relentless

Check my Honorbound videos out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8k...RUuo9XYORksIPw

Comment

When am I going to use the 120+ Mega Battle Tokens I have sitting in my inventory?

Comment

Originally posted by McGuirk View Post

Yup! the intent is to have atleast 1 per day
                        Any update from JB on the PvP mini events?

Comment

Making a request to bring back Flash Valor..
                          Those 3 gyre tokens I have in my inventory just give me this 'ha ha ha' look everytime I open up my inventory..

Like it was... if Jared was laughing at me sinisterly

Guildmaster, The Ancient Ones
                          Guild thread on shortcut: http://forums.shortcutcentral.org/th...es-lv-15.1836/
                          TAO Guild thread on JB forum: http://forum.juiceboxmobile.com/foru...nes-tao-thread
                          RoTA Guild thread on JB forum: http://forum.juiceboxmobile.com/foru...ts-rota-thread

Comment

I sawed something not normal I saided a email about it but for sure there the shop issue I sawed

Comment

Could we have Abyssion, or the new Lunar/Spirit dragons on a regular basis? Even if it's just once a month? Or maybe put the Lunar one in the Raids section, and just run Abyss and Spirit as regular events?
                              --------------------------------------
                              IGN : Ian Demonsabre
                              Friend Code : 1HW-6QXW
                              Guild : Fenpire
                              --------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X