Mega battle tokkens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega battle tokkens

I am wondering about the use of the Mega battle tokkens earned from arena rewards. I am playing Hb for maybe a year and i know a bit about the game. But these are mystery for me. If anybody knows on what are they used for or on what were they used to, let me know.

They were used for an old event that only ran once, I think.

Why hey they are still part of the game is only a question JB can answer. I'm guessing laziness on the old JB crew.

Comment

They were used in an event called Valor that was run in arena. Last time was Nov 2014. It was the plan to have it run regularly along with Trial of The Gods and Ember Heist. Then there was the last big update, the work on StormBorn began, and we haven't seen Valor since :-)
      GM, Rise of The Ancients and Ancient Acorns

Comment

Bring it back KHG! Arena event would be great!

Comment

So the question ultimately is: Can KHG figure out a way to make money off this? That was JB's problem with Dragons, Skirmish, Valor Mini Event, Quests, etc. People weren't willing to pay for that content. Should that be the sole arbiter of decision on whether to improve and bring that content back? Absolutely not from a players/community standpoint. Hopefully some synergies will arise once KHG has the code in hand and can start making bigger changes. Right now they seem limited to configuration and backend server changes, due to understandable learning curve on the (presumable) mess that JB left behind.

Comment

A good point! Income is needed.

But as I recall, all but three event types got lost in the last major update in Dec 2014. Reading the interview by Michael Martinez (https://medium.com/@michaeljmartinez...754#.qelar2ua4) that was the time the decision was made to go for developing a second game as HonorBound wasn't the box office hit they had hoped for. It would make sense this is the reason why JB chose not to spend the resources bringing the other events into the new version.

No doubt we will still need to be patient and I don't envy KHG the mess they took over but it seems it can only get better :-)
            GM, Rise of The Ancients and Ancient Acorns

Comment

What we've seen so far from KHG is dramatically better than what we were gettig from JB. I am willing to be patient to see what direction they take this. HB is still a great game with a lot of potential. JB was just not the right company to steward the game once they decided their player community was their enemy.

Comment

Working...
              X