An Open Letter to KHG and the HB community regarding the transition period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Letter to KHG and the HB community regarding the transition period

I'd like to open by saying that what is written in the first paragraph only applies to some members of the community, and that I understand that some of us do not do the things mentioned within. If you do not, the first paragraph does not apply to you. The second paragraph is an open letter to everyone working overtime, or any time, at KHG working to make HB work again.

Ask yourself: do you have any idea how difficult it is to build and maintain a video game and the support structure that keeps it going? KHG has been working *extremely* hard in order to create a COMPLETELY new player support system, while simultaneously doing their best to keep responding to the tickets that are coming in at an even faster rate now that slimes have been introduced. Frankly, I am impressed that they have managed to continue to manage events (even duplicate ones) while simultaneously improving the poor infrastructure JB left behind the scenes. In addition to this, they have released NEW CONTENT, including a way for you to evolve event heroes that may NEVER otherwise have been capable of evolution. (I know slimes are buggy atm, but the effort was there, and I have high hopes for the future.) However, the one thing more impressive than the efforts made by KHG that go above and beyond the requirements, is the playerbase's almost complete and utter inability to show support; or, for that matter, to even show respect and understand that this is a difficult transition period for the game. You should be *grateful* to KHG for the fact that Honorbound even continues to *exist*! Without them, the game would be dead, and there would be no events, support responses, new heroes, or new content at all. If this short paragraph has not convinced you that KHG deserves your respect, then I hope that it at least convinces you to complain with more restraint and respect, because your current complaints sound like something you could expect to hear from a spoiled child who heard the Ice Cream Man is all out of their favourite flavor.
    If anyone from KHG reads through to this point, I would like to offer you my support and understanding of the labors you are suffering through right now. While they may not be the silent majority, I believe there is a larger percentage of the community that respects you than the forums may suggest. Places like these are always more likely to attract those taking time to whine than those taking time to thank you for your efforts. Please think of this last paragraph as an open letter to everyone who has been working overtime (or any time, for that matter), in order to improve the game you have inherited with the shortest and smoothest transition period possible. The amount of toxicity you must hear and read every day is, I imagine, appalling, and I write this on the behalf of myself and any other unspoken players who are still appreciative of the incredible efforts you are making. Thank you for your continued efforts despite the lack of appreciation you have received.
    Finally, to any community members who have read this far, I'd like to make the request (futile though it may be) that you think before you type and that you not say anything that you wouldn't to the face of someone who is providing a service for you. Don't say anything you wouldn't scream into the face of the nice Ice Cream Man.

*tldr:* put yourself in KHG's place and give them a little respect

I could not have said it better myself! Most people do not realize the tireless efforts they are putting in! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK KHG! Thank you!

Comment

Great work khg! U deserve to own and operate this game. U've been true to ur word and have provided outstanding communication and customer support. I am gonna be ur loyal customer for quite sometime.

Comment

Teach them to understand what KHG has to do lordglazeddonut!
        Do you want a challenge or do you want to win?
        Respectfully Fallen.

Comment

Well said.. way to go
          Guild : The Dragonborn
          Previous Guild : Unnatural Selection and Relentless

Friend Code : KWL-H596

Comment

I have an account that's not banned anymore and I can't use its it's called souljaboy1999000 khg pls help!

Comment

Please write to support@kingsheadgames.com with all the details so they can help you.

Comment

I would be very surprised if anyone at KHG would say that they have adequate resources to manage this game. That's an easily solvable problem.

My bigger concern is the lack of communication. There is an event that launched 3 weeks ago, and we still don't know what the prizes are and/or if we will actually be playing this event until June, as the current scoreboard suggests.

KHG needs players to spend for the game to continue. I carry my weight there (and then some), and in turn I expect a reasonable level of communication. If that strikes you as the words of a 'spoiled child' then I'm not sure what else to say.

Also, paragraphs.

Comment

I am in the same boat as Lump. I'm tired of spending my money without getting anything good in return.

Comment

We need something new...not that ******* VIP. http://deadfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Gold_Membership

gold membership....

Comment

Originally posted by lordglazeddonut View Post
                      I'd like to open by saying that what is written in the first paragraph only applies to some members of the community, and that I understand that some of us do not do the things mentioned within. If you do not, the first paragraph does not apply to you. The second paragraph is an open letter to everyone working overtime, or any time, at KHG working to make HB work again.

Ask yourself: do you have any idea how difficult it is to build and maintain a video game and the support structure that keeps it going? KHG has been working *extremely* hard in order to create a COMPLETELY new player support system, while simultaneously doing their best to keep responding to the tickets that are coming in at an even faster rate now that slimes have been introduced. Frankly, I am impressed that they have managed to continue to manage events (even duplicate ones) while simultaneously improving the poor infrastructure JB left behind the scenes. In addition to this, they have released NEW CONTENT, including a way for you to evolve event heroes that may NEVER otherwise have been capable of evolution. (I know slimes are buggy atm, but the effort was there, and I have high hopes for the future.) However, the one thing more impressive than the efforts made by KHG that go above and beyond the requirements, is the playerbase's almost complete and utter inability to show support; or, for that matter, to even show respect and understand that this is a difficult transition period for the game. You should be *grateful* to KHG for the fact that Honorbound even continues to *exist*! Without them, the game would be dead, and there would be no events, support responses, new heroes, or new content at all. If this short paragraph has not convinced you that KHG deserves your respect, then I hope that it at least convinces you to complain with more restraint and respect, because your current complaints sound like something you could expect to hear from a spoiled child who heard the Ice Cream Man is all out of their favourite flavor.
                      If anyone from KHG reads through to this point, I would like to offer you my support and understanding of the labors you are suffering through right now. While they may not be the silent majority, I believe there is a larger percentage of the community that respects you than the forums may suggest. Places like these are always more likely to attract those taking time to whine than those taking time to thank you for your efforts. Please think of this last paragraph as an open letter to everyone who has been working overtime (or any time, for that matter), in order to improve the game you have inherited with the shortest and smoothest transition period possible. The amount of toxicity you must hear and read every day is, I imagine, appalling, and I write this on the behalf of myself and any other unspoken players who are still appreciative of the incredible efforts you are making. Thank you for your continued efforts despite the lack of appreciation you have received.
                      Finally, to any community members who have read this far, I'd like to make the request (futile though it may be) that you think before you type and that you not say anything that you wouldn't to the face of someone who is providing a service for you. Don't say anything you wouldn't scream into the face of the nice Ice Cream Man.

*tldr:* put yourself in KHG's place and give them a little respect
                      I am in indistinguishable pontoon from Lump. I'm worn out on spending my cash without receiving anything great consequently

Comment

Working...
                      X