Thresholds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thresholds

I'm not one that usually likes to compain, but I am going to rant a little. I understand this game survives cause of the individuals that pay. But it also survives because of the tons that don't. In this event I busted my @ss for a day and a half and got to top 20. Now I know the pay to play guys are going to crush me and I'm cool with that because I can get threshold to get my reward buy playing as hard as I can and working hard to meet that goal. Then I realize that even with the thresh dropped from five hundred to three that it's still just another reward only possible to get if you pay. Why not just put down all pretenses and just give the pay to play two of the best rewards and take them out of the thresh cause nobody can reach it but the same players that are going to win them.

However all those that don't or can't pay will quite and the game will die just as quickly as if those that pay stop..

don't get me wrong I don't think that these awards should be giving away. But a player that donates his whole weekend playing, should be rewarded with the thought that the top prize is still possible for him to get through hard work.

I feel the top threshold should be an award non and payshould find it possible to get, not just another award for the top 10 or 12 pay to play players to double up on there already amazing awards.

Magnus

Just for fyi I went from twenty to a hundred because there was no point spending any more diamonds, I felt it was a huge waist, and while I'm on the topic taken arena packs out of the arena rewards, once again another move that pushes out those that can't or don't pay. If you want to make this a pap to play game, that's cool but let's us know so that those of us that don't pay can move on and not waist our time trying to compete
    Last edited by Magnus; 10-16-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I am not out to defend thresholds or discuss f2p vs p2p, just want to do some knowledge sharing about I get my diamonds and energy pack.

I have three accounts, one from very early on where I do buy a $50 event bundle so let''s leave that out. One is from March 2015 and one is from October 2015. None of them are recon, neither have had diamonds added for close to a year and one has 8k diamonds and app 200 energy packs, the other has 3.8k diamonda and 300 energy packs.

Now part of the reason for this is that I am a much bigger hoarder than grinder :-) But it is also because I can raise about 500 diamonds a week by always going to the home screen between anything I do, constantly logging in and out and by using both android and ios as they have different add schemes. Having three accounts also allows me to juggle them during events and save up resources in one while spending it in another.

My guild mates do say I am nuts so I am not saying this is for all but I know I have the resources, even with a f2p account, to go for a threshold I really want. What I do not have are the resources to go all in with every solo event. It also takes a lot more time to build than just paying which is why I do get event bundle for my main but once I got a good hoarded stack, it isn't much extra effort.
      GM, Rise of The Ancients and Ancient Acorns

Comment

I am not really arguing about f2p or p2p. I have up most respect for the p2p. They bust there arses just as hard.

The fact that you say say you can't play all the solo events says something that should be looked into. Why have an event that people need to ship a few of? I would want everyone all in at every event.

i had over five g in diamonds spent a thousand Made 50000 glyphs in a day in a half. All saying is why not lower the thresh so a f2p. Stands a chance to hit it if they grind.

Give us a chance to win it and not just a second myth for the people who pay can win..

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          The fact that you say say you can't play all the solo events says something that should be looked into. Why have an event that people need to ship a few of? I would want everyone all in at every event.
          That is because I don't bother much with solo events :-) I prefer guild events. Something for everyone...
          GM, Rise of The Ancients and Ancient Acorns

Comment

I agree with what Magnus said. Nuller may be able to make things work by switching constantly between accounts and skipping events, but I don't think we should have to rely on stuff like that to make things work. I don't want to skip events, and I don't have the time to manage more than one account. I know part of the discussion is about busting our butts to improve our respective accounts as much as possible, and I do, but I'm a high school senior. I have a lot of stuff going on, and I simply can't devote the hours each day that would be necessary to making the most of multiple accounts, and I certainly don't have the cash to pay for anything. I do devote a good amount of time to HB, so I don't think it's fair that I do as poorly in events as I do.
            The Original Paragon
            Officer of the Elite Scrubs
            Former Leader of the Paragons and Saints of HB

Comment

Though I should add, I have nothing against p2p players, so long as they try, and don't rely solely on money to win.
              The Original Paragon
              Officer of the Elite Scrubs
              Former Leader of the Paragons and Saints of HB

Comment

You're right! Just checked. I thought that was had been fixed. It was only supposed to be 1.25 so I guess you got lucky.

Comment

about bounty solo event. i have spent most of event's time grinding, hoping to get to the threshold for the mystic one. i even spent a few hundreds of diamonds, and didn't even got close to reach the threshold, i feel very frustrated that all my hard work didn't pay off , and that it was all for vein. since the mystic was what i was after, and not the legendary ones.
                  it seems that you need to be a money spender, in order to get a chance to win decent mystics, and since i don't have that money available, i wonder why to even bother, to take part in those kind of events, and even lost a portion of the fun i had playing the game. i suggest to lower the threshold next time ( the beginning 500k for mystic was unrealistic! ) and the 300k was very tough to beat too. i understand that you need money spenders to make the game keep running, but make it somehow fair, for everyone.

Comment

I'm free player too but I finished last solo in top 20 and got grand prize for 300k.I've spent about 2.5-3k diamonds and played 12-16 hours every day.It was very hard and i was sooo tired but it was possible.

Comment

I don't want to be the guy that comes on and disagrees with everything, but I have to say I think the balance between f2p and p2p is about right. I will buy an event pack every 3-4 months or so, which gives me a few thousand diamonds which I mostly spend on bounty events. I don't buy hero packs, ever. I grind and summon runes, over and over, and I usually place pretty well during events.

Don't ask me why! This game takes up way too much of my time, and tbh, there hasn't been any significant addition of content in ages. But I still love a good grind, and a guild event brings out the competitive streak in me.

It's all about managing resources. Do lots of raids, do all the quests you can, do rampages, use your free energy (both regular and arena), and summon spare commanders. It all adds up, and should mean you can participate in every event to a decent degree. The only advantage that p2p guys get is a head start on their multiplier if they pay for event heroes, and some will have VIP10 which does make their lives easier.

So I'll carry on playing as a mostly f2p player, choosing the prizes that I think are worthwhile and knowing that to hit threshold I'm going to have to dedicate a serious amount of time. And then if I'm feeling flush, I can throw a bit of cash towards it to speed it up!

Comment

​​​​​​I am a member of the elite scrubs, I put the work in, you can ask any of them. I have up most respect for the game and it's staff they work very hard. During the event with the fury I spent two days grinding, I spent about 2,000 diamonds that I got from videos.. and at the end of two days I was not going to meet thresh so instead of throwing away diamonds I quite spending.

I love this game, and I respect the fact that p2p are going to win top prize they should.

We're I kind of wish things would change is this. The thresh was 500 and cause some people asked for it to be changed it was dropped to 300. Great. It allowed the p2p to get top prize and to get the thresh. Most now prob have a three star fury. Those that did not pay were not getting that thresh. I will believe it when I see it. It's was damn near impossible to reach. So these great heroes consistently go to the same basic players. We get a shot at guild event heroes but there never as good or powerful.

I just wish that every once in a while a powerful hero is made possible for f2p. If f2p quit, the game would die just as fast as if the p2p were to stop. If I bust my ass for three days I feel It would be nice to know I could get thresh. In my opinion you cant. If you got that hero you paid for it.

I will not play another solo event, I will save my time for guild events. It's to bad but it's how it is. They also took away the free energy for arena making that event another pay 2 play event. Again it's discouraging. I understand it's a business but you cant tell me cutting out f2p players is good for business. You cant tell me a powerfull award every once in a while for dedicated f2p players would be bad for business.

I respect the game and it's staff but this is just how I feel
                        Last edited by Magnus; 10-28-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X