Hello HonorBound Community!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello HonorBound Community!

I'm Austin, a manager with App Holdings (the current owner of HB). As we approach HonorBound's 5th birthday and the 1 year anniversary of AH taking over ownership, I wanted to take a brief step out from behind the curtain to say Hello and give a short "State of the Game."

First and foremost: Thank you to each and every one of you for being part of this fantastic community! A game like HonorBound has many moving parts that can help to make or break it, but none of those is as valuable as the community. There would be no game without you. THANK YOU for your part in that!

There are many challenges with taking over a game as complex as HonorBound. Along with the technical aspect, learning the ropes of gameplay, events, and items has been a daunting task. Karin helped us to bridge that knowledge gap initially and has continued to act on our behalf as the main manager of the game. For the smoothness of the initial transition and the general direction of the game over the last year, Karin deserves an immense amount of credit.

Some of the in-game items Karin has helped us to integrate include The Withered and Scarlet Grinner upgrades, replacing the blue guild stones as event prizes, 4* dragon prize tweaks, more ways to earn dragon marks, replacing Glowing Kitsune, 4* mythics and reintroducing mystery boxes, and cross-rarity evolve. Likewise, she's helped with external ideas—things like the revamped support portal, the ability to change names on accounts and clear logins, adding leaderboards to the forums, and the HonorBound Store web portal that allows players to purchase packs at a bit of a discount.

Our goal is to continue to have content and event additions like those as time goes on. As it stands, we're coming to the end of Arena Season 3 (thanks to all who have played!) and will soon be kicking off the 4 week "Season 3.5." Immediately following, the new HonorBound Championship will be starting. Keep an eye on the Forum for more info about those events!

We're also working behind-the-scenes on Level 200, new prizes for Lunar, and the addition of new gear. Along with that, I'm quite happy to announce that we're on the cusp of our first client upgrade since taking ownership. The major focus of this upgrade is adding compatibility of HonorBound with iOS 12. You'll see that rolling out quite soon with a secondary upgrade to include compatibility with new iPhone X and XS models following.

Lastly, since we are quickly approaching HonorBound's 5th Birthday, it wouldn't be a party without a bit of a gift! Starting November 15, there will be a 5-day Solo Event that awards a new Aurum to all participants. Keep your eyes open for that!

On behalf of AH, thank you all for your help in making this past year a success! We'll continue to do all we can to keep HonorBound as fun and exciting as possible. Here's to another year!

All the best,
    Austin

That's exciting! another year! Let's go!

Comment

Very pleased to hear from you Austin thx a lot!

Climbing heroes max level to 200 would be awesome, looking very forward to see this happen.

Keep it up there!
      And yes thank you Karin!

---- RoTA proud member ----

Comment

If you really think on upgrading client, please announce if we finally see some new art..? Plans sound interesting but manage all that well, that's probbably why the game had different owners before.

Bringing lvl 200 into the game - please make a deep review of resources and their kinds we get... I mean it will cost a little crazy to have a 3* (4* comming soon as well I guess) perfect maxed mythic hero, we need aat least some researching added too - I don't want to run out of all my refills for each hero...

Probably someone metioned yet but please revive and prolongue the campaign... And let's throw out healing potions most of us never use! Adequate replacement (or a buff...) of heroes given out through quests and daily rewards would also fit.

Hope you got enough patience to get to the full fix list. And nice to see someone finally saying a word.

Comment

Yeah sounds good, let’s hope you guys can give us decent prizes instead of crap every event. That’s the only thing you need to fix with this game. And how about some drop rates for the featured packs. A lot of us spent $180 dollars for 4 legendaries and a bunch of stratos. Which is pretty messed up considering nothing in this game should cost that much. REMEMBER let’s go from Profit to People.

Comment

Researching Essences would be a nice add. New art would be insane too, but I’m liking the progress with HB so far AH. Also, nice to meet you too Austin.
            Last edited by XIX; 10-23-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deviant View Post
              If you really think on upgrading client, please announce if we finally see some new art..? Plans sound interesting but manage all that well, that's probbably why the game had different owners before.

Bringing lvl 200 into the game - please make a deep review of resources and their kinds we get... I mean it will cost a little crazy to have a 3* (4* comming soon as well I guess) perfect maxed mythic hero, we need aat least some researching added too - I don't want to run out of all my refills for each hero...

Probably someone metioned yet but please revive and prolongue the campaign... And let's throw out healing potions most of us never use! Adequate replacement (or a buff...) of heroes given out through quests and daily rewards would also fit.

Hope you got enough patience to get to the full fix list. And nice to see someone finally saying a word.
              They will NEVER add new art. Or expand the campaign. Or make new events. The representatives for previous company said “the code is too old, we can’t add new stuff”. I know, I know, I think the same as you: what the hell do you mean the code is too old? Code isn’t milk, it doesn’t have an expire date. Oh well. Be prepared for another burning chant skull in pay packs with the same art soon!

Seriously. They need to hire competent programmers.
              IGN: DellVince (Proud member and officer of The Dragonborn)

Favorite hero: Evershade Spitter (burn, baby, burn! 🔥)

Comment

Originally posted by Dell View Post

They will NEVER add new art. Or expand the campaign. Or make new events. The representatives for previous company said “the code is too old, we can’t add new stuff”. I know, I know, I think the same as you: what the hell do you mean the code is too old? Code isn’t milk, it doesn’t have an expire date. Oh well. Be prepared for another burning chant skull in pay packs with the same art soon!

Seriously. They need to hire competent programmers.
                Hope you're wrong yeah I get the idea buying pair of shoes and why they are called a left and a right one but being actual owner means you can just replicate or use the same components. If the upgrades will happen it won't be much a problem to download 'another one' app, right? So let it be a 'different' one with the mechanisms we got used to enjoy.

Comment

@Austin, I'm hoping to see alot of the changes being talked about above. A few of my players in DB asked me to discuss something concerning summoning. In the below Screenshot from one of my players is a sample of some veteran players summoning tab. When KHG implemented commanders available to summon, several veteran accounts were not able to benefit from this at all. Most purchased all commanders when they were available in pay packs offered from JuiceBox owners. The general consensus question is this: when will new commanders be available to summon? All throughout seasons 2, and 3 which just concluded, many players had nothing to summon at all :-( with plans for arena season 4 in the works, can the development team please look into designing new commanders to summon for arena uses? Greenmist Ghost was a re-skin of an old event commander, so it makes sense that the same can be done for the others. It's quite dis-couraging for these players to pull commander emblems from arena boxes and event boxes but with absolutely nothing to summon. Thnx
                  Attached Files
                  Current Squad,
                  Lvl. 130 Paracelsus the Equestrian
                  Lvl. 130 Mother Leviathan++
                  Lvl. 130 Evershade Spitter++
                  Lvl. 130 Feralkin Sharpshooter++
                  Lvl. 130 The Oracle++
                  Friend code:9S8 JAW2
                  Former member and officer of Terravuallen (The 1st!)
                  Former member and officer of Saints of HB
                  Former member and officer of Elite Scrubs
                  Former (but still proud) member and officer of Relentless
                  Currently a proud member and officer of
                  The Dragonborn

Comment

@Austin, AppHoldings, @The Development Team, @Whoever will listen, for the love of the game, and the love of the Honorbound gods, we implore you to pls pls bring back collections in events(both guild and solo). EXCEPT assaults(because of the low low ammount of both threshold runes and rune drops in maps), when running energy based portals, and even bounties(currently running), we beg you. Pls bring collections back. These pools are crazy, frustrating, and to put it bluntly, quite possibly one of KHG's dumbest ideas.... Below are screenshot of runes I've both collected and summoned just today. (2 rounds of 40, one earlier this afternoon, and the 2nd 40 just 15 minutes ago). For every 40 runes I spend (equivalent to a $100 US bundle), that doesn't yield an event mythic, I'm reminded of why myself and many others have stopped spending $ on events. It's infuriating to say the least, when event after event after event its always the same results. I spend alot of time grinding and grinding. I've had events where I've dropped 240+ runes (equivalent to 6 $100 bundles, $600 US), and not received a single event mythic. It's atrocious, barbaric, and archaic to say the least. Many others feel the same way as I do. Past conversation's about this has revealed that each collection requires new epic and legendary event heroes be used and I fully support this. Starting events with re-used epic event heroes isn't fair to everyone as we're not told which epics get re-used, and quite frankly doesn't equal out to the frustrated players event after event that are willing and able to drop 200+ runes in the shop. Only having 1 collection every other month(somtimes longer), isn't enough. Pls change this, guild events for the race and competition is where 90% of this games activity comes from, and collection events spark more interest in ppl wanting to play!!! So pls AH, pls, return collections to events. Pls listen to your players
                    Attached Files
                    Current Squad,
                    Lvl. 130 The Oracle++
                    The Dragonborn

Comment

Only 5 photos per post lol! So basically 80 runes($200), for only 1 event mythic isn't worth it. And was lucky to pull that. Many others pull twice that ammount every event (myself included), and are constantly limited to a x12 multiplier when x32 is the maximum. Collections aren't that hard, and are more exciting than these pool style events. Pools are increasingly frustrating for everyone. Pls change this. I dunno if anyone will read this, but pls pls do
                      Attached Files
                      Current Squad,
                      Lvl. 130 The Oracle++
                      The Dragonborn

Comment

I also would appreciate if bounties and portals were always a collection. Since the events are always repeats, collection really does add some extra excitement to dispell a bit of the monotony. Plz consider doing collections more often. At least once a month.

Comment

New aurum is not a gift. 5 years playing time and what did we get? A remake from a reused hero hes useless. I dont need to see stats or Power level... Every game has great gifts but not Honorbound. I Just got a gift (diamonds for 1000€) in another game, and this was only bc the Server was down! What did you guys think? No Halloween gift, no chrismas gift... No gifts in all.... Ok we have seen gifts under juicebox flag! I know its possible! AH cmon!.... Ihh Bah a new aurum!

What is gift?!
                          -50 e-packs
                          -50 a-packs
                          -2000 diamonds
                          And 1000-10000 Vip points

That's something for a 🎉
                          Last edited by ssyyssnnnn; 11-02-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

while I don’t agree on how many epacks,apacks,diamonds and vip points you are saying to give us, I do think that is a good idea

Comment

I just want new art like everyone else. It’ll change the game for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X