Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/11 - Quests Gratis Grant

Hey Folks,

We had an issue earlier this week where players could get into a situation where the only quests available to them were quests that required either goods or reagents. We've addressed the issue by creating evergreen quests that provide these materials to players. Still, many players were in a situation where they were unable to make progress and gain renown. We're issuing the following gratis grant to all players who have played in the last 2 days
    • 2x Energy Pack
    • 3x Haven Goods
    • 3x Runewood Reagents

This script is running now and should finish in a few hours

Cheers!

- McG

What about people that had their quests glitched ?

Comment

Still confused what this does. The item looks like a fruit basket. What does it do? Is their strategy in quest board? You mentioned making no progress? From what i see you just pick the quest with biggest payout to get legend faster. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow night View Post
        What about people that had their quests glitched ?
        This is a gratis because of the quest glitches that were fixed in the update yesterday.

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
        Still confused what this does. The item looks like a fruit basket. What does it do? Is their strategy in quest board? You mentioned making no progress? From what i see you just pick the quest with biggest payout to get legend faster. Am I missing something?
        Confused about what what does? The items are the icons for the ? items that were previously broken. Some quests require these items and there were many people that were stuck with quests that couldn't be started because they did not have the items and could not earn the items. There were also several other players that were stuck unable to start quests because the hero requirements were glitched and only the mercenary would come up for an option.

And if your strategy is to pick the quest with the biggest payout and just do those, more power to you. All quests pay the same rate of favor points - one per minute of quest length. So if you're just picking the longest quest to get the most favor in one payout or the quest that offers the most reward you could be missing out. Shorter quests pay the same favor rate, as stated, but completing several shorter quests instead of longer quests you can get close to the same favor (if you are on and start a new quest when the previous one ends) and get overall more rewards because each quests pays. And you'll have more chances at critical successes on the quests for even more payouts.

Comment

Originally posted by TahoWF View Post
          Shorter quests pay the same favor rate, as stated, but completing several shorter quests instead of longer quests you can get close to the same favor (if you are on and start a new quest when the previous one ends) and get overall more rewards because each quests pays. And you'll have more chances at critical successes on the quests for even more payouts.
          Thanks... I didn't notice the rate was favor per minute, but yes, the smarter strategy is definitely to run through as many quicker quests, quicker rewards.
          Prov 27:17
          Friend Code: Q96-K7FL
          Guild: TAO
          'men reject passivity, accept responsibility, lead courageously and invest eternally.'

Comment

Goods are still ridiculous. I ran a bunch of quests to get regents assuming that was the ? missing in the Runewood missions, but no it's Haven goods. So what are regents and why are you making this more complicated than nessesary?

Comment

OK, yeah, quests are stuck again. Waiting 9 hours for Haven goods that you need in both towns. So presumably you can only run 2 quests maximum ever with this system, one getting goods and one other with the 7 goods you waited 9 hours for. One of my 15 minute quests cost 7 goods....

Comment

Working...
              X