Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open to requests / suggestions for art / abilities
As (too few) people are aware, I take notes from players. 
I want to make it easier to suggest abilities or combos we haven't seen in a while, or maybe haven't seen, or ask for specific art you remember from the first time around and think is awesome. So we now have this thread.

I cannot promise the suggestions will be used or when or in what way but I promise to make sure they will be read and considered. 

All players are still welcome to contact me personally, e.g. via a personal message here on forum.
"Demoralizing Cry," "Demoralizing Roar," and "Despair of the Deep" are currently considered meta. Any hero with two of these skills is already great.

For a hero to be truly effective, they need to have "Demoralizing Roar 4" along with some other useful skills like "Primal Blow," "Infernal Slash," "Brilliant Blow," or any invocation skill.

Skills that provide mana are not very effective in the current meta. Any squad should aim to have three defense debuffs and AoE physical-based abilities, primarily the "Frozen Venom" skill. I think "Whirlwind" should also work great.

The perfect archer for the arena would have:
- "Demoralizing Roar 4"
- "Frozen Venom 4"
- "Invocation 4"

Something that is very fun to work with is the raid squad. Here we have way more things to do.

I would love to see some rogues with:
- Deadly Poison
- Neurotic Cut
- Demoralizing Roar or Invocation

For a knight:
- Siphon Life
- Terra, Lunar, or Primal Ward
- Demoralizing Roar
I would love to see viable Magic wielding groups

For example abilities that reduce magic resistance, or boost magic damage, or reducing physical damage more. Just to make a magic wielding group more of an option. Magic wielders tend to have smaller healthy pools, and wilt against physical damage dealers... lets balance that out a bit??

Maybe an ability that reduces ranged damage? I know that murderous reputation reduces melee damage, which is nice! But I don't think it nullifies the bonus from demoralizing roar so much, and doesn't affect ranged characters.

My 2 cents Smile

Erastas
Oh and, please no bottles... Those fake looking things really mess up the whole feeling
Just to clarify the initial post: art and existing abilities only.

There are many heroes and abilities shown in the wiki, for inspiration: https://honorbound-juicebox.fandom.com/w...cebox_Wiki

(01-31-2024, 03:05 AM)Stahl33 Wrote: I would love to see viable Magic wielding groups

For example abilities that reduce magic resistance, or boost magic damage, or reducing physical damage more.  Just to make a magic wielding group more of an option.  Magic wielders tend to have smaller healthy pools, and wilt against physical damage dealers... lets balance that out a bit??

Maybe an ability that reduces ranged damage?  I know that murderous reputation reduces melee damage, which is nice!  But I don't think it nullifies the bonus from demoralizing roar so much, and doesn't affect ranged characters.

My 2 cents Smile

Erastas
Erastas brings up a valid point. Abilities like Ice Comet are not effective and, when compared to Frozen Venom with a defense debuff, become useless.

Many Damage over Time (DoT) skills were once the meta, particularly Burning Chant. You can still build a squad to win using Burning Chant, Noxious Cloud, and other DoTs. However, the problem arises when you have to compete against a squad that employs 3x Demoralizing Roar with Frozen Venom – in such a scenario, you stand no chance. I can defeat an arena squad in less than a minute with Frozen Venom.

One aspect to consider is changing the pool of enemies in the arena that we face. Many squads are from players who have been inactive for many years, and their squads are outdated. If the arena pool for 500-point battles were to include the top 100 squads on the leaderboard, it would make a significant difference. Many new heroes have high defense attributes, and Demoralizing Roar would not be very effective against them. This change could shake things up.
"One aspect to consider is changing the pool of enemies in the arena that we face. Many squads are from players who have been inactive for many years, and their squads are outdated. If the arena pool for 500-point battles were to include the top 100 squads on the leaderboard, it would make a significant difference. Many new heroes have high defense attributes, and Demoralizing Roar would not be very effective against them. This change could shake things up."

I know we would all love that but please check the topic of this thread :-) This is a place to post requests for art and existing abilities.
I am not sure the mechanics of a lot of the older abilities... the wiki is not specific, but again a magic or ranged based abilities might be nice... just to try to find combinations different to the demoralizing roar Iced venom approach.
(?? for example is attack up a flat rate or dependent upon stats?)

Art??

I will brainstorm some ideas, and hopefully 1 might be helpful:

Vampires?, Pegasi? or flying mounts with riders?
Or flying characters / creatures?
Arabian / Desert characters; Feline / Cat species; How about Psionics?? (?Already done??);
Maybe elementals / Earth based / Air based / water based / Fire based / Ether based??
Rhemoraz?
??Swarms - like swarms of bats or swarms of birds that convert to a bird looking person at rest? Bee swarms?
Even just different looking normal humanoid heroes, with different equipment.

Hopefully these ideas might be slightly helpful
Unfortunately you have to stick to requests for existing art.
Here are some of the ones I haven't seen in a while and abilities that would be fun:

- Maddening Wind Gaoler:
- Primal Blow
- Demoralizing Roar
- Deadly Poison

- Gnomish Inventor:
- Pickpocket
- Garrote
- Slow

- Cyclops Pagan:
- Despair Of the Deep
- Abyssal Invocation
- Mana Burst