Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Upgrade to abilities Demoralizing Cry and Roar
So there are competing goals here...
  • Make it so Arena isn't just ACTUAL one click auto-fight to win....despite what you were saying, clicking burning chant a dozen times isn't exactly fast or 'one-click'.
  • Not make it so hard that average fight times go up too much...keep in mind there is a tension: Time and effort and challenge in battle, vs spending more money more quickly in arena. Think about the mermaid pirate bounty boss that takes several minutes to beat...HB is shooting themselves in the foot with that, because it slows down how fast people can spend on bounty keys, unless they are somehow making it up on revives that people pay for. Same for arena...while 5 minute fights can be fun, doing 3 an hour every hour is not, and when there is a push to make top 10 or whatever, slow fights mean that there is less spent on arena packs. Increase in challenge hits them in their wallet.
  • There is the tension of the old '4 x 4* High Gard King' where one of the HGK's would siphon life every other round and you could never win even after an hour of a single match (at which point you would lose connection anyway).
  • Burning chant is the one of the only ways to occasionally make it a challenge from an AI perspective with the current level of 'AI'. If it didn't stack and occasional unlucky multiple stacks hit, no one would ever even struggle. That could of course be fixed, but again, you want mostly quick fights with occasional challenges, not constant challenges.
  • All of the other good heroes end up being in buypacks. I still use Hannul as my main hero for running seals or leveling essence heroes, or as my early event hero...because Ice Comet and Mass heal has yet to repeat 4 years later...I don't have any non-burn chant clerics that I use besides Hannul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade to abilities Demoralizing Cry and Roar - by slaingod - 02-19-2020, 05:46 PM