Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is this game still alive? A few questions:
Hey y'all. This is a post from someone who just found out that the game is still alive for no reason. I just have few simple questions about it.

1. How is this game somehow "alive" with a community  despite being taken off the app store? I know some gacha games that still have decent/large fanbases after being EoS-ed or taken off an app store/google play (i.e. Spider-Man Unlimited by Gameloft) but I have never seen a case where a Western gacha life Honorbound has lasted this long.

2. How has the "gameplay meta" changed over the yearrs? With over 10 years of being sustained somehow, I wonder which characters/abilities stayed relevant and which ones fell off and became irrelevant. I never got far in this game (quitting on some of the early stages but I was a dumb kid a at the time) so I never really got to know which units to use outside of campaign for modes beyond the story campaign.

3. What's the endgame gameplay loop like? The best I got is guild modes but I wonder if there are modes for solo players like me don't really care about being competitive.

4. Which commanders are the "most relevant" in endgame? I always picked Shadow Knight but something tells me that most or if not, all of the commanders fall off late-game. But again, I haven't looked too much into that so...

Anyways, that's all, and thank you if you see this! Was just curious about the current state of this game.

Shadow Knight Gang rise up!
Hi,

A few comments:

1) It isn't exactly taken off the game store. The newer Androids won't list apps that are 32-bit. We are waiting for Honorbound to upgrade to 64-bit so it can be back in all play stores. Support will provide you with the apk-file if you need it to install the game, https://forum.honorboundgame.com/thread-...15505.html.

2) That's a fairly complex question. No characters stay relevant because there is a constant power creep. Some abilities have become more useful/powerful as the heroes have become stronger. Some have been buffed in terms of what they add as passives or how much mana they need. But, having played since 2014, I'd say nothing has really changed.

3) There are events every weekend, starting on Thursday or Friday. You can see the schedule for the month under Updates. Every other weekend it is a guild event and every other week a solo event.

4) None of the starting epic comms are useful for anything than getting you to a better one. The general consensus is that Ripper is a good upgrade and than after that the comms from the arena season are good and your best bet is to save for 25000 comm emblems for the special comms, https://forum.honorboundgame.com/thread-5812.html, that are old top arena season prizes. Once you have a comm that survives well enough in events, you want to look at the abilities.
Please let me ask because I have only played this game for about a month so there are still many things that are unclear.

I enjoyed playing but couldn't survive for long. Maybe it's because I don't have the right strategy and don't know how to choose the right character to fight. I really want to improve my ability to participate in guild events. Can you give me some tips to play better?
Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon!
There is a guide to the game as well as events under Gameplay: https://forum.honorboundgame.com/forum-8.html

I also recommend joining a guild and join their LINE chat rooms (if that is what they use ) so you can benefit from the knowledge of other players more easily than just through the in-game chat.
(12-11-2023, 04:13 AM)ytsrihtdiulf Wrote: Please let me ask because I have only played this game for about a month so there are still many things that are unclear.

I enjoyed playing but couldn't survive for long. Maybe it's because I don't have the right strategy and don't know how to choose the right character to fight. I really want to improve my ability to participate in guild events. Can you give me some tips to play better?
Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Endgame content often includes guild-related activities, challenging dungeons, special events, and PvP modes.
I love how this game pushes me to think strategically. It's both fun and intellectually stimulating.