Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tips for new players
In connection with posting a very short guide to the game for the many new players we are seeing in the game, I am adding this post where we can all give tips to new players - what did you wish you had known when you started out?

Please keep it relevant and to the point. In this case I may remove posts that are deemed irrelevent.

Nuller:

I wish I had not spent my first 500 diamonds on a single rune but on a new researcher instead.

The best use for me of diamonds (with 3 accounts starting from scratch and close to 4 years of game play) has been: researchers, library space, Trial of Torment gear where it is possible to get mana necklaces and XP rings (levels heroes faster).

GrumpyG:

I wish I had focused on resource storage research and commander research more than I had. Its really hard when your commander is stuck at level 40 and all your researchers are full for over a day or you cant get enough gold to upgrade. To all the new folks, make sure you upgrade your gold vaults and ember storages periodically!

Rafael0622

Do arena battles so you can get a new FREE mythic commander and not have to worry about researching for one. You can also get other stuff depending on what rank you are and you get strongboxes each week depending on what place you got and in them are some really good goodies. If you want to see the details about this there is a post about it.

Charsiupao:

When choosing your starting commander, go for the colour of base you like the best, not the actual commander. All five starting commanders have similar strength, and if you're even remotely successful you'll be changing them out at the first opportunity. Your base design, however, never changes and you're stuck with it.. forever. Go for the base design which pleases you the most, at least until the devs allow us to change backgrounds... *nudge* *beg*
I wish I had known there was a limit to Commanders. It doesn't say anywhere in the game there is a limit to Commanders, so I went back and got all of the startup Commanders without knowing you can only have so many. I would never have done that if I had known. Now I see they will remove some Commanders, but not these. Why won't you help me remove some of these since you never told me anywhere in the game that there would be a Commander limit *before* I summoned them?
There is no limit in your library for how many commanders you can have, though there is a max for your library and your commanders are part of that space.
Ohh. Thanks, Karin. That's good to know. Although since they keep adding new "adjectivized" versions of characters, I do so wish they'd consider expanding the library just a bit to 250. I'm glad I won't be limited in Commanders if I get more. Smile Thanks!
Quote:When choosing your starting commander, go for the colour of base you like the best, not the actual commander. All five starting commanders have similar strength, and if you're even remotely successful you'll be changing them out at the first opportunity. Your base design, however, never changes and you're stuck with it.. forever. Go for the base design which pleases you the most, at least until the devs allow us to change backgrounds... *nudge* *beg*

Actually, they're not quite all the same. The lunar commander, Celestial Sage, is the only one whose regular attack is magic-based rather than physical.
(09-21-2019, 06:36 PM)LifeSwiper Wrote: I wish I had known there was a limit to Commanders. It doesn't say anywhere in the game there is a limit to Commanders, so I went back and got all of the startup Commanders without knowing you can only have so many. I would never have done that if I had known. Now I see they will remove some Commanders, but not these.  Why won't you help me remove some of these since you never told me anywhere in the game that there would be a Commander limit *before* I summoned them?
How many is the limit of commanders?
There is no limit on how many commanders you have have. But you can only summon one of each of those that can be summoned.
Some players feel the commanders take up too much library space, though, and are unhappy that you can’t get rid of those you summon.
(02-22-2022, 07:10 AM)Karin Wrote: There is no limit on how many commanders you have have. But you can only summon one of each of those that can be summoned.
Some players feel the commanders take up too much library space, though, and are unhappy that you can’t get rid of those you summon.

Sorry if this may be irrelevant to the thread but do you know the approximated honor bonus you get based on ranking from the weekly tournament? I believe some guy mentioned in "Game Guide" that placing 100th gives you 10 million honor

I'm a returning player from 2020 (created in 2016) and reminiscing I had got a commander for 40 million honor (season 6) but im really asking because this season has got 3 weeks left and I think I can get to at least 200 million+ if I push and if you can be more specific about the limit there is to ranking up per week. (also things like if the honor bonus is a fixed amount allotted based on solely position on leaderboard or if it is both based on that and a multiplier from the total honor you gained)
What we know for certain is that you cannot pass more than two thresholds pr. week. If you are starting from scratch, I think the max you can gain pr. week is 10 mill. Then it grows to 12 mill and at some point it goes higher but it's pretty high up in the thresholds. The exact numbers have never been made public.
(12-24-2023, 08:53 PM)Karin Wrote: What we know for certain is that you cannot pass more than two thresholds pr. week. If you are starting from scratch, I think the max you can gain pr. week is 10 mill. Then it grows to 12 mill and at some point it goes higher but it's pretty high up in the thresholds. The exact numbers have never been made public.

Ok thanks, so what you're saying is that initially it allows only up to 10 mil probably regardless of rank from 100 to 1 and eventually it increases but on the actual prize board (brawler, scrapper, uninitiated... etc) you can only move up twice per week or something right?